Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create new fields and add into the Customer Request Form ?

Devyani Rajan August 28, 2020

While creating a ticket I want to give a new field to the requester so that they can fill information like "How many people are affected ?", and choose one option from a drop-down " <=50 , >=50% & <=100%".

How can I achieve that?

I have downloaded the APP "Extension for Jira Service Desk", but I am unable to achieve this customization. Please help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2020

You don't need an app.  Add a custom field to the project and then amend the request so it shows it to the customers.

Devyani Rajan August 31, 2020

Thanks, I found out that I was exploring JIRA with Jira admin rights on project, not with the site admin rights :)

Got it!

0 votes
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

@Devyani Rajan as Nic says, once you have added the custom field you can add it to the JSD 'Request Form'. An example of how to do this in a classic JSD project is below; the process is similar in cloud and server:

Add FIeld JSD Form.gif

Extension for JSD is a great app, if you want more complex layout options or conditional logic you might like to consider ProForma. Full disclosure I'm the PM for ProForma.

vagarwal January 25, 2021

Hi @Simon H and @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - we are using Proforma form and we have list of fields where we ask user to input some values in the customer  portal form. we have created those custom fields in JIRA and then linked the values in proforma form (using link to JIRA fields option). However is it possible to show those jira custom fields in JIRA Kanban board or JSD issue view? when i try to add the fields in request type section, i can't see those customer fields but i can only see 10 default fields. The end goal we want to achieve is following 1) collect value from proforma for various requests/fields 2) use those values and show (value and field) in JIRA service desk issue view as well as JIRA Kanban board view. Need some guidance on how to achieve it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events