Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create internal customers

Montse Riol July 29, 2020

Hello,

We want to use Service Desk for internal use in our company for our IT department.

We've created IT team as servicedesk users and agent role, and it works fine.

We would like to create organitzations with the different departments of the company (that will let them share the service requests along hte organization) and assign to these organizations our internal users. If we create them as a customer user, they are not connected to the users / groups of atlasian that we can sync with our Azure AD and use the sso functionality.

What is the best way to create our company users to use Jira Service Desk as a customer?

Thanks in advanced,

Montse.

1 answer

0 votes
Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 29, 2020

Hi @Montse Riol

Welcome to the Atlassian community, I hope that your Jira journey would be a splendid journey for you and your company.

There is an app Tinker for JSD that allows you to associate Customer Organizations with user groups and email domains. 

And many more features. Check it out 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1222917/tinker-for-jsd?hosting=server&tab=overview

Thank you very much for your response.

Isn't there a standard way to do that without paying for an external app?

Najjar _Innovura_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 29, 2020

Yes it sucks that Jira out of the box doesn't allow you to sync user groups and organizations, however there are other solutions in the marketplace that allow you to build automation scripts that handle such cases and many others. 

For Azure AD SSO and Jira integration I found this guide which will be helpful to satisfy your requirement

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/jiramicrosoft-tutorial

Well, I really doesn't need to sync Orgs with groups, It could be ok if I could sync the users instead of creating them manually as a customer user ...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events