Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an "follow-up" Ticket, instead of reopening?

Peter Knaus September 28, 2020

Is there a Possibility to create a function, that doesnt reopen tickets, but allows to create a kind of follow up Ticket in the Service Desk with the previous informations? 

On one hand we want to avoid that change requests or something similar are thematized in the initial ticket, but on the other hand we want the initial request to be pictured in a new ticket, kind of a follow up. So that the assignee can see the inital situation in the new ticket. 

I hope my question is comprehensible. 

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2020

Hi @Peter Knaus ,

One thing I can think of is to have an intermittent workflow transition in your flow from Resolved to Resolved (which can be named re-opened).

On this transition you can launch a post function or automation that Clones the original ticket and attaches it to it.

Either one might require an app such as scriptrunner or Automation for JIRA (do you have any automation apps?)

Since you are talking about re-opening I guess it's from Resolved back to In Progress normally or is it really from Closed to In Progress?

Either way a transition from the status to itself seems like a way to do it (without really changing your state to an "open" state)

If you have more details i'm sure we can work something out :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events