Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a ticket from an unregistered email

ana.bello
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2022

I need to create a ticket with an unregistered request, and I wanted to create it directly by email or at least add it to the existing ticket

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2022

Hi @ana.bello 

I'd check out the help pages under Receive requests from an email address

These pages should be able to help you setup to meet your needs - specifically I'd check out...

These instructions should also help for permissions!

This changes the settings for both email requests, and the portal - and it's applied to all Service Management Projects, as it's a global setting.

To change the permissions for unregistered users, you'll need to be a Product/Org Admin, and then...

1. Go to Settings (cog icon in top-right) > Products
  2. From the left-hand, select Customer Access
  3. Under Portal Access change the option to Allow customers to create accounts
  4. Next, check the box Customers can access and send requests from the portal without logging in
  5. Press Save

With the correct settings also setup for email requests to be received, this should allow for your scenario to happen.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events