Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a report for specific custom field

somesh vanka July 4, 2019

Hi Team,

I have created a custom field mentioning as CI owner and add some 20 names to it. I have assigned these names to different tickets which i have created. Now i want to pull a report to see how many tickets assigned to each member.

Can anyone help me in generating the report?

Regards,

Somesh Vanka

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2019

Hi @somesh vanka 

• Search for issues where the field is not empty
  • save the search result as a filter.
  • Use the filter in a gadget like pie chart or 2 dimensional filter gadget

With the above, you can report on the field. If you want an actual report that is printed out, consider addons like Time sheet report from the marketplace as they provide extra reports that you can use.

somesh vanka July 4, 2019

Thanks for the quick reply.

Zero idea on what you have replied. Not sure where to check all this. 

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2019

Hi @somesh vanka 

Firstly, I am assuming you are using a user picker field when you said you are assigning issues to the people and want to count how many issues are assigned to each:

If so do the following:

1. Go to Issues > Search for Issues page.
  2. Create a filter to find all issues where the field is not empty:
    <your field name> is NOT EMPTY
  3. Save the above as a filter.
  4. Go to your Dashboard.
  5. Add a pie chart gadget(an example of a gadget that has a count functionality)
  6. Search and Select your filter in the Project and Saved filter field(search).
  7. Add your custom field to the Statistic Type field.
  8. Specify if you want it to refresh or not.
  9. Save your filter.

Doing the above steps would get you statistics of how many tickets each of the users in your custom field have been associated with for example see image below:

Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 09.34.54.png

Gadget result

Screenshot 2019-07-05 at 09.42.13.png

Gadget configuration.

Hope this explains things.

Like mindy_sg likes this
mochadwi October 28, 2021

Thanks for the guidance. Seems it's not possible to create Pie Charts using custom fields (only pre-defined field from Jira able to be used in Statistic Type) which is inconvenience in our parts. Thanks for sharing the Time Sheet report in the marketplace seems what we've been looking for. Will request to our jira administrator to try, before informing to our team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events