Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a graph of open issues over time?

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2021

I've been asked to add a gadget to a dashboard for our Jira Service Management project that displays a graph of non-resolved issues over time. I can find no way to do this currently. I've explored Reports and Series and none of these help, nor is there dashboard gadget that displays a running total. Anyone have something like this they can point me to?

6 answers

5 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 14, 2021

Hi @Janene Pappas ,

We provide a commercial solution called Dashboard Hub for Jira. It comes with more than 60 different gadgets/metrics out of the box, dashboard templates, ability to share reports externally in a secure way...

You can see a live example for Jira Service Management (and here other for agile teams).

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2021

@Janene Pappas 

There are a number of dashboard gadgets that you could use that would provide information similar to what you are requesting.  I would suggest creating a couple of filters and then making a dashboard using them. Here is a list of the gadgets.  I would suggest looking at the created vs resolved gadget.

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2021

I've tried created vs resolved and it does not provide a graph of the number of unresolved tickets over time. 

Like # people like this
1 vote
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2021

Hi @Janene Pappas 

You could try using the eazyBI app for not just this report.

See an example report : https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/187032-cumulative-flow-diagram

It calculates the number of historical issues at the end of each time period and groups them by historical statuses. You could filter only open statuses for the report and see how many issues were open at the end of each time period.

There are many more useful report examples you could explore on or public Demo account.

https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/14871-chart-types

Martins / eazyBI

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2021

Hi @Janene Pappas

Unfortunately, even though it should be out of the box, this is not available.

I suggest you go to the marketplace for a reporting plugin that supports this feature.

In our case we use eazybi for jsm.

Regards

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2021

Thanks.

0 votes
Jana June 22, 2022

@Janene Pappas don't know if this quite fulfills the ask here, but I used the "Time Since" gadget to display a list of tickets created over a period which was based on specific filter. 

After creating a search/filter for all unresolved tickets, the gadget would then allow you to group the issues under date option (e.g. date created, date updated, etc) by a specific time interval (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc)  and over a specific time frame - limit is 300 days. 

Would give you a result like this:

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.17.41 PM.png

0 votes
Fabrizio Dovesi April 29, 2022

Hi @Janene Pappas 

This is not exactly a graph, but if "Filter Counts" gadget sounds good for you, you can obtain something like:

FilterCount.JPG

You should set a JQL query for each Count, like: 

(to get the number of open issues 2 days ago)

created <= startOfDay(-1) AND (resolutiondate >= startOfDay(-2) OR resolution is empty)

If you need more details on how to build it, you can go to the "Step 6" of the following guide: https://www.neteye-blog.com/2022/04/gonna-keep-on-monitoring-til-my-team-reaches-the-highest-ground-jira-dashboard-to-monitor-support-teams-performances-and-service-quality-level/

Hope this helps!

Cheers :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events