How to create JSW ticket from JSD using API ?

Magraner August 6, 2020

Hi,

It has been weeks that I am trying to find out how to create a JSW ticket from JSD.

I assume many other people are pretty amazed bu the fact that this features is not available on native version of JSD although it is a very common one. 

Let me provide some details about our need. 

My customers are going to raise issues on JSD portal. Support team will be able to get those issues on JSD through the queues. 

When our agents from support team will read the issue they might exchange with customer to get more information and this is done through the portal.

Then once our agents get all the details they will wish to raise the issue to our developpers. 

Our developpers like every developper in the world use Jira Software to manage their backlog through projects.

So as an agent I want to open an issue by clicking on a button to create a defect. I can choose the JSW project. I would like the ticket screen to  be displayed within JSD and I want to fill all fields.

Once the JSW ticket created, I wish this ticket to be linked to the JSD issue.  

As a developper, I want to see this ticket created in my backlog. I will resolve the issue and change the status. Once status is closed and issue fixed. Then as Agent I can inform my customer.   

Is there a way to manage this scenario using API or other solution ? 

Thank you !

Best

2 answers

2 votes
Magraner August 7, 2020

Well I have found an add on that answers to my need which again is the need of many of JSD users ! 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211111/elements-copy-sync-formerly-exocet

sync & copy provides you the possibility to create a JSW ticket from your JSD project ! 

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Glad you found our app @Magraner 

We wrote one of our use cases for Elements Copy & Sync almost exactly like your situation.

If you run into any problems configuring your operation, don't hesitate to contact the support team.

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 10, 2020

Hi @Magraner 

Also, in this case, you can consider SLA Time and Report. This add-on allows to add SLA timers for both Jira Service Desk and Jira Software issues.  You can monitor data about the status of time limits in the report or on each issue view tab.

I hope this info is helpful. 

Best regards

Zoryana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events