How to create Insight Object using groovy?

Kedar Kanel August 30, 2022

I am trying to create insight object and I know only the ObjectTypeId. Is it possible to do it? I tried using MutableObjectBean but it didn't work like below

def newobj = new MutableObjectBean()
newobj.setObjectTypeId(5)
newobj.setLabel("Test Object")

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Creating an object is a lot more complicated than that.

And you'll need to know the name of the attribute to set the label to (typically Name).

Here is the simplest code I can figure out to create an object with a single required field. 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.channel.external.api.facade.ObjectFacade
import com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.channel.external.api.facade.ObjectTypeAttributeFacade
import com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.channel.external.api.facade.ObjectTypeFacade
import com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.services.model.MutableObjectBean

ObjectFacade objectFacade = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(ObjectFacade)
ObjectTypeFacade objectTypeFacade = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(ObjectTypeFacade)
ObjectTypeAttributeFacade objectTypeAttributeFacade = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(ObjectTypeAttributeFacade)

def objectTypeId = 5
def labelValue = 'Test Object'
def attributeNameForLabel = 'Name'

def objectType = objectTypeFacade.loadObjectType(objectTypeId)
def object = objectType.createMutableObjectBean()
def objectTypeAttributes = objectTypeAttributeFacade.findObjectTypeAttributeBeans(objectType.id)

def
nameAttr = objectTypeAttributes.find { it.name == attributeNameForLabel }
def nameAttributeValuesHolder = object.createObjectAttributeBean(nameAttr)
def attributeValue = nameAttributeValuesHolder.createObjectAttributeValueBean()
attributeValue.setTextValue(labelValue)
nameAttributeValuesHolder.setObjectAttributeValueBeans([attributeValue])
object.objectAttributeBeans = [nameAttributeValuesHolder]
objectFacade.storeObjectBean(object)

As you can see that are several layers.

The object contains a list of attributes. Each attribute contains a list a attributeValue objects. Each attributeValue object contains the actual text value (or number or object reference etc depending on the type). 

You must create all of those layers.

Polina Semykina November 9, 2023

Thank you very much @Peter-Dave Sheehan 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events