Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to convert ticket from external servive desk into project?

Heidi Kim August 27, 2019

I want to use both features of customer service desk and project manager in same project. 

1 answer

0 votes
Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2019

Hello @Heidi Kim ,

If you want to mix your Service Desk requests and Project roadmap in the same place I recommend using a Board filter that looks at both projects and puts all the issue in the same board.

You'd have to do some work around board columns and statuses from each workflow but it should be straight forward.

I advise using Classic Jira project/ Board for this since the Next Gen Jira projects have their project board tied to their project issues only.

Let me know how this sounds.

Cheers,

Radu

Heidi Kim August 29, 2019

Can I combine project roadmap with EXTERNAL service desk so we can accept tickets from our customers?

Radu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2019

Hi @Heidi Kim ,

Yes, you can! That is something I am also into.

Here are some detailed steps to do this.

1. Setup a service desk project for external input. This project can be Classic or NG.

2. Setup a Classic Software project for internal work. This needs to be a Classic project because Jira NG projects don't let you have a board you can add other projects to.

3. In the project board configuration for the Software project edit the filter query to add the JSD project to the board.

4. Map JSD statuses to board columns.

At this point the issues should appear in the board you have for your project.

Personally I recommend adding a label to filter by so you don't get all JSD tickets cluttering the backlog, engineers wouldn't like that.

Here are a few screenshots that outline the steps above.

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 8.44.35 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 8.45.02 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 8.45.13 am.png

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Radu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events