Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure updates from the Jira email handler as internal only?

Chris Usher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2023

Hello, we recently enabled the email channel in our Jira Service Management instance so customers emails would generate tickets.  The issue we are having is there are many people copied on the email outside our tech support team.  There are times when we want to remove the customer from communications and have an only internal conversation however we need to leave our support email so the update is captured in the ticket.  We do want to capture these communications in the ticket but should not be visible by our customers.

So my question, is there a way to make all communications via the email chain as "Internal Only" comments rather than Customer visible?  Because of this we have disabled access to the portal because if they view the ticket there they would see ALL updates.

1 answer

1 vote
Ivan Lima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Comments added via email in JSM are public by default. You can't configure that out of the box. There is an open feature request that Atlassian is reviewing it. I'll leave those here as a reference.

Chris Usher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 26, 2023

Is there an ETA for this feature, seems dangerous to not have this as an option as it opens the possibility of leaking sensitive data. 

Ivan Lima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2023

It's hard to tell for suggestions as it depends on several factors. To learn more, see Atlassian's policy to implement new features:

For the feature request I mentioned earlier, you can add your vote (by selecting the Vote for this issue link). You can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events