How to configure SLA Beach Alert & send email to notify the breach

sandeep kute December 22, 2017

Hi,

We needs to configure the alerts so that it will inform particular group via email that SLA is about to breach.

6 comments

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Hi Sandeep,

SLA Automation supports "Alert User".  Which will send an email to the users configured. The email says "The request requires your attention".  At this time, only individual users can be added (not groups).

Alternatively you can get fancy and set up a workflow transition (to the same status) that has a post workflow function to send an email. This can be done with add-on  Jira workflow tools. 

I have employed both in our service desks.

Susan

sandeep kute January 3, 2018

Hi Susan,

Could you please provide me how you have configured using both he options.

sandeep kute January 3, 2018

My requirement is to send warning email before incident breach the SLA.

may be 30 min or 60 min remaining to breach.

Also can we customize email message to provide more details.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2018

Hi sandeep,

Option 1 - Send Alert, there is no ability to customize that message at this time.

Option 2 - If you use a workflow transition with a post-function - Send Email then yes you can customize the email, recepients etc.

Susan

sandeep kute January 15, 2018

Please give me example for this option on how to configure. It will be great help

If you use a workflow transition with a post-function - Send Email then yes you can customize the email, recepients etc.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2018

@sandeep kute,

I believe this is what you need to do based upon Susan' intent/input. @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ please correct me here.

1. you need to add a transition back to the status(es) where the issue currently is when it is about to be breached. So let's say that status is "Waiting Support". Then you should add a transition in the workflow from Waiting Support back to Waiting Support. Let's call the transition "Breach Alert".
  2. now here is where I'm confused because sending an email via post function is not an option for Cloud but maybe it is available via Server? Assuming it is then in the transition above add the email post function to issue the email to the group you have defined to receive it.
  3. Add an Automation rule "At risk SLA alert" with the "Then" step being to transition via the "Breach Alert".

Alternatively, simply use Automation to send the email to each Jira user OR use @mention OR create an internal DL and allocate it a JIRA user account and you can send an email to that DL user.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2018

Hi,

@Jack Brickey, The "Send Email" post workflow function is via the add-on Jira Workflow Toolbox.  This is ONLY for Server.  

So if Cloud, I do not know of any solutions.

Susan

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2018

yep! now that un-confuses me. :-)

Ana Viseu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2022

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events