How to change the priority of mail requests

Nancy Contador September 1, 2020

When an application is received by mail, it is received with priority. Can you remove / modify the priority with which mail requests are received?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2020

Hi @Nancy Contador ,

Normally an Email Request is linked to a Request Type (so it is also visible on the Portal). If there is nothing specified in there it will most likely take the Default priority set in your instance.

However, one way I can think of is to set the Priority within this Request Type with a default value. (hidden even)

This will act as if the user created a request through the portal and set the field on the value you specified. (as it is an email this will not be set by the user of course) 

I'm guessing the Default priority on your instance was set with a reason so to remove or modify the value I suggest doing it through the Request Type and setting a default value.

Another workaround could be to just set up an Automation rule on the project and see where the Channel = Email to set it to the desired priority. Only thing you'll have then is that you'll see it change in the history as well. 

Hope this helps you or at least points you in the right direction :)

Nancy Contador September 4, 2020

thanks @Dirk Ronsmans

the solution was the second recomendation 

"Another workaround could be to just set up an Automation rule on the project and see where the Channel = Email to set it to the desired priority. Only thing you'll have then is that you'll see it change in the history as well". 

regards

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2020

Great!

As with many things there is never a single correct answer/approach to an issue.

Glad you were able to resolve yours this way :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events