Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change issue type after the issue has been created in service desk project

Barkha Agrawal November 14, 2019

Hi,

I have created one project which has two workflow as:

1. Issue types - "Bug" and "Task" will follow Workflow A

2. Issue type - "Incident" will follow Workflow B 

Now suppose the customer has created one issue with "Bug" type. But I want to change it to "Incident" type that should follow Workflow B. How can i do that?

Currently I am seeing only "Task" in the issue type dropdown (after it has been created) and not "Incident".

My question is how i can change issue type to "Incident" which follows the different workflow. 

Regards,

Barkha

2 answers

1 accepted

29 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2019

Hello @Barkha Agrawal

To be able to edit the issue type you need to move the issue. You can move the issue to the same project but you get to map to new statuses etc. To move an issue just follow these steps:

• Navigate to your issue
  • Click the "More" button, you should see a lot of options
  • Click "Move" and follow the procedure

If you are having any issues I would recommend this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/moving-an-issue-861257345.html?_ga=2.189739752.255254867.1573543831-503707675.1567420743

I hope that this solves your issue! :-)

Barkha Agrawal November 17, 2019

Hi, 

Thank you for your help. One more doubt:

If I am moving the issue type 'Bug' to 'Incident' in one Jira ticket (both follow different workflows in same project), will it affects the other tickets that are created using Bug or Incident type Or it will be limited to the current ticket in which we are moving the issue?

Please suggest, as I do not want it to affect the other tickets/issue types/projects/ workflows.

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2019

Hello,

The change will only affect the issues that you move to Incident. So you don't have to worry about your other tickets that you aren't moving. Just make sure to only move the tickets that you want to move!

Like # people like this
Barkha Agrawal November 18, 2019

Thank you so much

Petrus Kambala July 21, 2022

When changing a ticket's issue type, the "Next" button is grayed out which gives an impression that it's not allowed in this context but you actually have to click on the button to complete the process. Perhaps another color would make more sense.

Like # people like this
5 votes
utsinha November 24, 2022
  1. Open Issue
  2. Click icon on top left to open "Change Issue Type" dropdown and select relevant option
  3. On next page (Move Issue page), select the proper option for conversation and click next.
  4. Click next on confirmation page
  5. Click on "Acknowledge" once migration has completed.
  6. Issue type is successfully changed on JIRA.

STEP - 1, 2:
Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 9.31.12 PM.png 

STEP - 3:

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 9.32.46 PM.png

STEP - 4:

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 9.37.58 PM.png 

STEP - 5:

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 9.40.00 PM.png 

STEP - 6: Issue type successfully changed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders