Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change incident status from pending to work in progress when a customer adds a comment

Manhar Sharma January 12, 2021

hi,

I am trying to create an automation rule for incident pending status to change to work in progress if there is a comment added by the customer via portal only.

I have created one automation rule however it is changing the status of the incident even if there is an comment/update added by the support team. Can we restrict this to customer portal only?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Manhar Sharma 

You can add a condition to check if the user is a customer.

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 10.09.18.png

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

@Manhar Sharma -

I agreed with Ravi stated.  In our env (On-prems), using the out of the box automation rule which checking for user type = Customer + Comment is primary action

2021-01-12_8-12-51.png

Another thing that you need to make sure that there are no further conditions/validation check in your WF moving from Pending to In Progress that prevent the issue transition to complete.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

@Manhar Sharma -

I agreed with Ravi stated.  In our env (On-prems), using the out of the box automation rule which checking for user type = Customer + Comment is primary action

2021-01-12_8-12-51.png

Another thing that you need to make sure that there are no further conditions/validation check in your WF moving from Pending to In Progress that prevent the issue transition to complete.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Manhar Sharma January 12, 2021

Thanks Ravi and Joseph for your guidance. This works

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS