Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Jira footer from a Plugin

Marcelo Mella February 23, 2022

I'm developing a Plugin for security purposes.

I need to remove Jira version from the footer, but i don't want to be replace after Jira upgrade. How can i set the footer programmatically from a Plugin.

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2022

Pretty sure the footer is just some velocity/soy template so you would need to replace that template file specifically in the installation directory. Your plugin can only really apply some web resources but it probably cannot prevent any "leakage" from somebody who knows what they're doing.

And also - Jira version is present in page source on several pages. So even if you did hide it from the footer, it would still be visible in page sources. It's also not that difficult to judge the Jira version if you know what you're doing and what you can expect from the different versions (well, maybe not exactly but.. roughly, roughly).

This page covers both the page markup and footer: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/hiding-the-jira-version-number-from-page-markup-1056673381.html

But again though, I don't think there's a different direction than modifying those files - you could try to obfuscate it from a plugin, but that will not prevent Jira from already sending out that information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events