• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to bulk import oganizations in my projects

Dear everyone,

I need to have a customer master data in my JIRA service desk (with multiple projectes) that needs to be used also in JIRA (with multiple projectes).

I saw other posts about "bulk import" topic but all of them are related to customers and not organizations (for the first type I can simply upload a list with a separator but it doesn't work for organizations).

Is there a way to bulk import organizations and related customers? We manage 1300 organizations with an average of 3 customers per organizations.

I would like also to know if there is the possibility to synchronize our internal customer master data (our CRM database) with JIRA and JIRA service desk (e.g. with a file or a web-service).

Thank you for your help.

Michele

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Michele,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Desk projects, it's not possible to export and import organizations, but the organizations can be shared between projects. 

So, for example, there is an organization called Org1 on Project A with 10 customers and the customers on this org must also have permission on Project B, so instead of creating a new org and add the customers, you can just search for this org and add it on Project B. With that said, it won't be necessary to export it from a project and import on another one.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 14.03.47.png

Regarding CRM, there are some add-ons that may help you sync your CRM data in Jira:

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angélica,

thank you for your answer but it seems very strange to me that I can not add multiple organizations (I think that there are a lot of companies that have thousands of customer to add).

Just yesterday I found this page about service desk APIs:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-organization-post

There is a method called "Create organization", have you already heard about it?

Regards.

Thank you for the details.

I'm not sure if we are on the same page. I understood that there were already Organizations created in the site and you would like to add the same organizations on other projects, please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's possible to create multiple organizations using API but also directly in the project:

Screen Recording 2020-04-09 at 09.54 AM.gif

If you want to use API, then you can use the Create Organization, Add organization and Add users to organization. With this option, you can add the list of orgs and customers and run the API to add everyone at once.

I was asking both questions ;) It's great that APIs work, I need to upload several organizations and I can't do it one by one. Thanks!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Announcing Jira Service Management!

Hello there Cloud Community members! Today, we’re thrilled to announce Jira Service Management, the next generation of Jira Service Desk. Jira Service Management touts advancements in IT service ...

1,380 views 16 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you