Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate ticket creation

Michael
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 12, 2021

Each release cycle, my team performs the same activities:

• Research and scope the documentation work needed for each feature in the release.
  • Create the content.
  • Send content for review.
  • Incorporate review feedback.
  • Create publishable artifacts.

I've created "template" tickets and grouped them under an epic. For the last few cycles, we clone those template tickets to build out our tickets for the release. It's been a great improvement over our previous processes, but it's still quite a manual process. 

I think what would be more efficient would be if the person tasked with building out a certain set of tickets could enter values into a form, then click "Create" and have a full set of tickets created using those values, even if only for title and description.

For example, let's say one of my writers is tasked with building out a set of "Research" and "Develop" pairs of tickets for 10 features in an upcoming release. If that writer had some way to select a ticket template (let's say a template for "Research" tickets) and list out titles and descriptions for those tickets into some kind of form and then click "Ceate" to generate the 10 tickets that might save us some time.

Is there a way to do such a thing?

Thanks,

Mike

2 answers

0 votes
Julia Shcherbyna _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 23, 2021

Hi @Michael seems to be the best solution for your purposes is an add-on Business Process Manager

It allows creating a template with all tasks that should be in process. For each issue, you can set up a form using form builder, add assignee, project. 

Therefore, you will not need to create separate tasks for standard processes each time.

240438792_395103512025100_3647083024971452640_n.png

If you have any questions, just ask me, it's developed by my team.

Regards, Julia

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

Proforma is coming soon and I hope that it will pair nicely with Automation to achieve goals like this. In the meantime I think Automation should be able to achieve most if not all of your goals. Have you looked at Automation as yet? Maybe create angg NG epic with all your fields and then the automation would trigger ONT hat and create all remaining tasks. 

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2021

Hi @Michael

We use proforma just like @Jack Brickey mentioned to create tickets based on selections from a proforma form. The benefit of proforma is that you don't need to waste time on creating multiple customfields.

Based on how the user answers questions, we trigger a transition in the workflow that creates tickets and links them to the parent ticket.

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events