Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to auto assign issue based on JIRA issue picker

Nagaraju March 23, 2022

Hi Team

I have Issue picker field in Service Desk portal and when customer creating a ticket from portal they are selecting existing ticket from Issue picker field, then I need to assign this tickets to same from Issue picker.

Ex: I have a issue key A-100 and the same assign to (user1), when I am creating new ticket I selected A-100 from JIRA issue picker, so I need to assign A-101 ticket to (user1) automatically.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

Hi @Nagaraju and welcome to the community!

I'm not familiar with an "issue picker".  Assuming this is simply a select list (single choice) and only captures the key, you should be able to do something like this:

2022-03-23_06-00-26.png

Nagaraju March 29, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall , Thanks for your inputs, but it's not working.

the JQL running to get the list of issues in where issues having that Issue picker and assigning to first ticket of list, but I want to assign ticket to which issue picket I selected in current ticket.

-Musku

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your automation rule and audit log?  I think that would help us better understand where things are getting tripped up.

Nagaraju March 29, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall , Thanks for the quick reply, 

1. When I used "key = {{issue.customfield_38718.value}}" I am getting like "Error while executing JQL"

2. I used {{issue.[Custom Field].38718}}, this case assigning to wrong person.

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 6.36.32 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-03-29 at 6.36.44 PM.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2022

Thanks.  Can you also please share a screenshot of the issue picker field? 

Nagaraju March 29, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall , this is JIRA default issue picket field

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 6.49.04 PM.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2022

Thank you - Now I understand.  This is a script runner field.  I'm not as familiar with script runner, but it appears this is captured as a string so perhaps your JQL should look like this:

key = "{{issue.customfield_38718}}"
Nagaraju March 29, 2022

Thanks for your reply @Mark Segall , Yes I tried the same but still facing same error.

I tried all below

1. key = {{issue.customfield_38718}}

2. key = {{issue.customfield_38718.value}}

2. key = {{issue.[customfield_38718].value}}

2. key = {{issue.[custom field].38718}}

All the scripts are failed

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2022

Have you tried quotes around the smart value?

key = "{{issue.customfield_38718}}"
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2022

If that doesn't work, can you do a quick JQL search, add the issue picker column, and export to csv?  My intent is to see exactly how that field is storing the data.  For example, script runner may be storing the key plus some other data that needs to be parsed to extract the key.

Nagaraju March 29, 2022

Hi @Mark Segall , Attached screen shot of csv file.

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 7.24.36 PM.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2022

This one is definitely an odd one.  I don't see why it wouldn't be able to return something against that field.  Maybe go back to the first recommended solution with the following syntax (note the position of the quotes):

key = "{{issue.customfield_38718.value}}"

Otherwise, I'm completely stumped. 

Nagaraju March 29, 2022

tried the same but same error.

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2022

Apologies, but I'm tapped out on this one.  Hopefully someone else in the community can solve this conundrum.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events