Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow customers to share tickets with other customers?

ckhong April 22, 2021

There is a Share With field allowing sharing of the tickets. However, the ticket is either set to share with other customers in the same organization or No one.

What settings do I need to configure to allow them to share the ticket with other customers in the project?

My current settings are:

Customers can search for other customers within their project or organizations in Project Setting -> Customer permission

No, don't share email requests with the customer's organization. Requests sent from the portal will not be shared unless the customer selects otherwise in Global setting

I thought setting these up would accomplish the task but it did not.

Any suggestion?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 26, 2021

Hello @ckhong,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The “Share with” field in the form when a customer is creating a ticket has the functionality to share with the Organization only. 

For customers to share the ticket with other customers, it’s necessary to use the field “+ Share” after the ticket is created. Your settings are correct, but that’s expected, customers can only share with other customers after creating the ticket.

Currently, it’s not possible to add the field to the create issue screen. 

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and also watch the ticket above to receive updates.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events