Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow Jira Service Desk Customer to view issue filters on the knowledge base

Jake Wright March 10, 2020

We have a JIRA project which contains a filter with a list of issues.

Using the knowledge base feature and confluence a gadget has been added which pulls through the filter results.

When a Service Desk Customer views the filter on the knowledge base the following error is encountered. "The selected filter XXXXX has an error: Field 'XXXXX' does not exist or this field cannot be viewed by anonymous users.."

On the JIRA project housing the issues, when the permission "Browse Projects" is granted to the "Public" group and added to the JIRA projects permission scheme then the Service Desk Customers can view the issues in the filter - however, this opens up our project to all anonymous users which we don't want.

Is there any permission I can add to our JIRA project which only allows access to our Service Desk Customers? 

The group "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" does not achieve this nor the "Application Access > JIRA Service Desk"

Does anyone have any suggestions for how we can work around this if it's not possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2020

Hello Jake,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Testing on my local site, I was able to find out that indeed only opening the project will show the tickets from the Jira macro in the portal.

The JQL filters are available only for internal licensed users or opening the project to anonymous access.

With that said, I'm afraid that currently there is no option to show the Jira macro for customers without the Browse projects permission to public. 

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Jake Wright April 14, 2020

Thanks for the response Angélica

I understand that there is an extensive backlog for the Atlassian products, are you aware of anything currently planned which would help us share issues raised in JIRA with our customer base via the service desk portal or knowledge base?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2020

Checking the feature requests, I found only one suggestion for Confluence Server. So, I created one for Service Desk Cloud. 

Since it's now a new feature, we need to wait for other people to vote for it to be considered in the future.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events