Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add location to email summary when an issue is created

James Gray April 5, 2023

On my request type/portal, I have a field where customers need to input their location in order to submit a request, as I have customers all over the world. But when they submit the request and I get the email, it displays the summary, description, issue type, priority, created on, and the reporter, but no site or location, however when I open the ticket the site/location is filled in. Is there a way to push that information into the email notification? 

3 answers

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

You cannot change the default notification that is sent out, but what you could do is change your notification scheme to not send an email when issue is created/assigned, and instead use automation. By using automation you can control what fields should be included in the email.

James Gray April 5, 2023

Hi @Mikael Sandberg

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try!

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

@James Gray -

I agreed with both @Dave Mathijs and @Mikael Sandberg suggested.  In particular that one will still need to access the issues to handle the request in the project UI.

The notification that you got is the default notification from system and cannot be changed.

Hope this also helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Hi @James Gray why would you need this information from the email notification directly? You still need to go to the ticket to handle it, assign it, change the status, update it, ...

James Gray April 5, 2023

Hi @Dave Mathijs
Primarily it's used for members who are not a part of the customer service team to still have full visibility, without having to click the ticket (like directors/c-suite etc.). The day-to-day users don't use the emails but they are still available company-wide for all individuals. 

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Thanks for the feedback. Personally, I think that C level should not be occupied with this "micro management". Do they receive a notification for every ticket created in JSM? Ouch!

James Gray April 5, 2023

They sure do, they have full visibility, and will often add additional information for specific use cases (long-time customers/new customers etc.).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events