How to add fields when creating a request type using jira service desk rest api

arsam farooq January 6, 2021

I want to add fields like description, priority when creating a request type .. but i didnot find a way in the documentation to do it. So what is the way of doing it.  

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2021

Hi @arsam farooq

could you probably describe the use case a bit further (a bit more in detail?).

You said you want to add the fields when creating a request type.
Adding a request type is normally something that does not happen many times - why it is rarely managed via REST API.
But I am sure there is a reason you ask, or, your intention was misinterpreted.

Happy if you could share what is needed.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2021

Hi @arsam farooq 

On JSM, you can add fields just the same way you add on Jira Software. Go to your Project settings > Screens and add the fields required. Then, you can simply go to Project settings > Request types, select the request type needed, click on it then under "Request form" click on "Add field" to add the desired field. Please note that the field that needs to be added depends on if that field is available on screen for the specified issue type.

arsam farooq January 6, 2021

Hi @Prince Nyeche . I want to add fields using the rest apis. Can you please suggest a way for doing it from rest api  and not using the JSM UI

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2021

I think this is not possible with JSM as the API reference is limited. Most users would use the JSM widget as the next best option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events