• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add fields when creating a request type using jira service desk rest api

I want to add fields like description, priority when creating a request type .. but i didnot find a way in the documentation to do it. So what is the way of doing it.  

2 answers

0 votes
Prince Nyeche Community Leader Jan 06, 2021

Hi @arsam farooq 

On JSM, you can add fields just the same way you add on Jira Software. Go to your Project settings > Screens and add the fields required. Then, you can simply go to Project settings > Request types, select the request type needed, click on it then under "Request form" click on "Add field" to add the desired field. Please note that the field that needs to be added depends on if that field is available on screen for the specified issue type.

Hi @Prince Nyeche . I want to add fields using the rest apis. Can you please suggest a way for doing it from rest api  and not using the JSM UI

Prince Nyeche Community Leader Jan 06, 2021

I think this is not possible with JSM as the API reference is limited. Most users would use the JSM widget as the next best option.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jan 07, 2021

Hi @arsam farooq

could you probably describe the use case a bit further (a bit more in detail?).

You said you want to add the fields when creating a request type.
Adding a request type is normally something that does not happen many times - why it is rarely managed via REST API.
But I am sure there is a reason you ask, or, your intention was misinterpreted.

Happy if you could share what is needed.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

227 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you