Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add field "Label" when editing issue in Customer Portal

Veronika Dvorska January 5, 2022

Hi, 

our customer wants add label when he edits an issue that is already created. We have the filed "Label" set when issue is creating. But if customer wants add a label additionally than he can´t because the that field is missing.

I would like to know, if it is possible set and how.

Issue creating.pngIssue edit.png

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

Hi @Veronika Dvorska 

FYI - Editing an Issue is not possible in JSM

You go on adding the comments once the Ticket is raised

Thanks,
Pramodh

Thanks @Pramodh M  for the answer.. and how about any commercial plugin? Is there any available?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022
1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2022

@Veronika Dvorska -

Regarding to the add-on, it may works.  However JSM customers have no cost using JSM to create tickets.  You will have to calculate how many customers (including your actual JSM/Jira users) and to determine the the actual annual cost for the add-on that you have to pay.

I would highly recommend that you contact the vendor on the pricing because it doesn't make sense ($ wise) to pay for "JSM Customers" because you want to give them the ability to edit the labels field since you don't pay for JSM Customers for their access to your JSM portal.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

@Joseph Chung Yin I was hoping there is a way to give them the ability to edit/add the labels field in Customer portal. And yes, they can add label when issue creating. But not when the issue is already created and they want add a label additionally.
We have Ultimate Customizer. I thought there might be another plugin, that would be better with more funktions. i.e. with labels funktion that we need.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2022

@Veronika Dvorska -

As far as I know, once the issue is created via the Portal.  Customer can only add comments to the issue.  Issue editing (i.e. field editing) is only available for Agents (one with JSM license).

I am not aware of another add-on that will provide your needs.  Thus, I recommended you to discuss with the vendor (the add-on that @Pramodh M mentioned) to understand how it will work for you.

Best, Joseph

Veronika Dvorska January 6, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin thank you 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2022

@Veronika Dvorska -

If my reply also help your question, please click on Accept Answer button when you have a chance.

Best, Joseph

1 vote

@Joseph Chung Yin I was hoping there is a way to give them the ability to edit/add the labels field in Customer portal. And yes, they can add label when issue creating. But not when the issue is already created and they want add a label additionally.
We have Ultimate Customizer. I thought there might be another plugin, that would be better with more funktions. i.e. with labels funktion that we need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events