Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add ability for filing request form by more than one user

Alena Samruk May 31, 2021

Hi

Is there are any way to implement the following case. HR manager creates a request with Summary information (name, date, phone etc.) on portal. HR manager doesn't see any additional fields. Then this request goes to Lead. Lead see previosly filled fields and fills addition fields for employee (PC, software etc.) on portal. 

Both HR manager and Lead see the request in '"My requests" on portal. 

1 answer

0 votes
moofoo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021
Hi Alena,

Thanks so much for your question.

Based on the workflow you have described, I assume that the Lead is an agent in your service project and the HR manager is a customer (in terms of user roles & permissions). If this is the case, then you could structure it where the HR manager creates a request in the customer portal with the issue summary fields you choose to display in a request type (please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/configuring-the-customer-portal-939926277.html#Configuringthecustomerportal-Setuprequesttypes ). From there, the Lead will be able to add to further fields associated with that request via the view issue/agent view (in Jira). This could be done by defining the workflow for your tickets in Jira and adding the additional fields you need (PC, software, etc.) to the transition screen for a given workflow https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/add-a-custom-field-to-transition-screen-718834736.html .

You can not use the above approach with the workflow transition screen on customer portal.

I hope that helps!

ArtemJira Service Management team

P.S.: if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events