Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I locate the error details in JIRA Service Desk project setting?

Kyle Li December 3, 2017

Each time I go to my project setting- request type, an error with link pop up at the upper right corner says 'This service desk project has configuration problems and may not work as expected.', but when i click on the link, try to find the error details and fix. NO Response! Why you design it as a link but make it linked to nowhere ?

The most important thing is that what's the other way to trouble shoot the error and fix it if I CANNNOT use the pop up error link you designed?

error.png

3 answers

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Santiago Estel April 6, 2018

This issue explains how to get the error when the link does not work JSDSERVER-5173.

In fact, you only need to do:

1. Produce the error pop window.
  2. On the internet browser in a new tab while using the same session, use:

<JIRA_base_URL>/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/{Project_Key_Goes_Here}/precondition

It worked great for me.

Phil Evans November 11, 2021

Probably required field that is missing from the create screen in sd project. Fix it and be able to click the popup.

If its red - fix permissions.

If its yellow - can be dismissed forever for this user.

Appears only for administrators.

0 votes
Ann R August 8, 2019

Any idea how to resolve this? i am seeing the same error and the link does not work and take me no where. Nothing happens when i click the link. 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2017
Kyle Li December 5, 2017

Hi Alexey,

My issue is that I click on the error link, nothing pop up. but your article pop ups the error details.

I also found that this issue only happens on my first project. I have two projects, in my second projects, I click on the error details link, there will be a pop up window with error detail. But for the first project, click on the error link, no response.

Is there any project settings controls the project error pop up window?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

There is no such setting. I am not sure why a click on the error leads you to nowhere. But you can try identify the error by the guide which referenced in my first post. Also have a look at this guide

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/resolving-jira-service-desk-permission-errors-776637127.html

I mostly met problems with permission schemes but when I clicked on the error it did redirect me to the permission schemes

Kyle Li December 5, 2017

can I found the error details in any log files of the JIRA Service Desk instance or database ? 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2017

It could be in the altlassian-jira.log. But I am not 100% sure. you could check  

Kyle Li December 6, 2017

No related information can be found in the jira log. 

Checked all the project setting still did not find where the error is however, each time I goes to my project, the error window pop up, and does not tell me where the error is. 

Kyle Li December 6, 2017

Is there any for me to contact with JIRA Service Desk designers ? They may know where to find the error details

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2017

They will ask you to read the log, as that error will put warnings into it.  Also, they'll suggest following the link in the error message, and the guides in the docs.

Kyle Li December 7, 2017

The issue is the error link does not work, i click on it and no pop up windows come out or any other directions, in fact, nothing happen after i clicked on the error link. And I also cannot find any related information about this error in altlassian-jira.log file.  It always says my project has configuration error. but I cannot view the error details and I checked anywhere I can check but still not find the error details. I need someone can guide me where to find the error details as the error link does not work for me 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2017

If it's any of the usual errors, then there are warnings and errors in your log file.  I can't tell you what the problem is unless you can find them.

Without those, there are some wild guesses I can make:

• Permissions, as Alexey says - you will need to check over all of them to ensure the right people have access
  • The workflow has been changed to one that does not handle the "with customer"/"with us" function properly
  • You've mapped requests to issue types that you have then removed from the project
Kyle Li December 10, 2017

Could you please kindly explain "

• The workflow has been changed to one that does not handle the "with customer"/"with us" function properly " ?

and please kindly tell where should I check this function in workflow ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events