Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How retrieve attribute value from a Insight object using Jira Automation?

Julian from AF February 4, 2022

Hello,

i'm trying to retrieve some data from attribute but i don't found the good way.

I found this tutorial but i don't understand how it's work: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-insight/

To test it, i just use a manual trigger in Jira automation and put the smart value.

In my example, the object group is "Clients" with somes clients with differents attributes like "Address", "Open time" etc.

Is it possible to retrieve the attribute easily ? 

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2022

Hi @Julian from AF, following the article you shared should work. Why are you not able to make it work? Could you please share a bit more details about your setup? I assume you've got a custom field in place mapped to the schema you want to pull the attributes from.

Julian from AF February 9, 2022

Hello,

yes to explain : 

Here an issue example, and i would to get back value from Jira automation for the insight attribute Pick-Up Address. I want to get back Name, Address, Locality + CP

2022-02-09 10_02_42-Window.png

usually to test smart-value, i create a manual trigger on Jira Automation to test it and check the comment wrote to see the value but actually nothing works

2022-02-09 10_06_54-Window.png

here the object in Insight:

2022-02-09 10_05_19-Window.png

Any idea? Thank you !

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2022

You have to use the actual object, though. In your case, Clients. See the example below.

I've got an Employee object with an attribute object Manager for the CRM schema, which points to Employee in this case.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 9.19.03 AM.png

For the automation, as an example, I'm adding a comment to the issue using the smart values.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 9.21.17 AM.png

Comment on the issue based on smart values.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 9.23.32 AM.png

I hope that helps.

Julian from AF February 9, 2022

Thank you for your reply. Can you develop the "actual object?". In my case i execute the manual trigger through a specific issue, i have different insight field inside this issue. 

I tried what you explain but still not working. 

I tested {{Clients.("Address")}} (because the attribute is just text but still not working.

If i use {{"Delivery address".Summary}} i have the Name of the object but how have his attribute?

{{"Delivery address".Address}} doesn't return anything. 

Thank you 

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022

Clients should be your insight object custom field, where you need to set the insight objects field configuration by selecting the schema and scope to ensure your smart values won't find conflicting objects/attributes to fetch. In this case, if the Insight object is Clients, ensure you scope your custom field to Clients object. Once you review that, you can do {{Clients.Address}}. The same applies to all other fields. If, even though you can't make it work, which you probably will, I suggest you share your step in more detail (if you're comfortable doing so):

• Custom field context (Insight objects field configuration)
  • Schema, Object and object attributes (type, type value)
  • Automation (smart values section)

The automation, if it's triggered manually or based on issue triggers/events, shouldn't change the acton results you're trying to achieve in this case.

Like Deleted user likes this
Julian from AF February 10, 2022

Hi Ivan,

i created another Schema for the test to avoid to show sensitive data.  I created a new Insight custom field "Delivery Address 2"

{{Clients."Address"}} still not working. The target is to extract the value "street border 4" of "Address" with Jira Automation. 

I will share with you all information : 

2022-02-10 15_42_17-Insight - AF Jira.png2022-02-10 15_43_01-Insight - AF Jira.png2022-02-10 15_43_14-[TR-8] Nouveau transport - AF Jira.png2022-02-10 15_44_06-Window.png2022-02-10 15_44_11-[TR-8] Nouveau transport - AF Jira.png2022-02-10 15_44_57-Window.png

Is it all you need to troubleshoot? Thank you very much Ivan. 

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022

Assuming the filter scope has the correct Id, your CF is "Delivery address 2", and you have already defined the "Delivery address 2" scope as your Clients' Insight object, so your smart values should point to it. Try replacing your smart value for the one below. You should be able to get that working now.

{{"Delivery address 2".Address}}

The filter scope is correct because you can see on the issue print screen the object "Test Company", right? 

I tested {{"Delivery address 2".Address}} in the manual trigger and still empty :(. 

For information with {{"Delivery address 2".Summary}} it's working, i have the name

2022-02-10 18_06_53-Window.png2022-02-10 18_06_58-Window.png

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2022

Hey, @Julian from AF, I tested Jira Cloud but found this for Server/DC. "We do not currently support accessing fields within insight objects." Therefore, insight fields' full name, key and summary.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/smart-values-993924860.html

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 9.26.04 AM.png

Julian from AF February 14, 2022

oh ok...  i need to create for each value others text field to extract it in the workflow in this case ;(. Ok thank you !

Like # people like this
1 vote
Kaustubh Raut July 11, 2022

Can we get this feature automation Data center version?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events