Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How make ProForma form visiable base on components selection in Service Management?

Shah Baloch June 10, 2022

Is there a way to make visible ProForma form based on components selection? We're planning to add a ProForm form in JSM, we don't want to make it available for all components. There are several components in JSM, we want to make the form available for a few like 2, or 3, and for the rest of the components we want it to make invisible.

I could use a groovy script to hide but I'm unable to find the field id for Proforma. Does ProForma have any custom field id?

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2022

Hi Shah,

Since ProForma is not a custom field (1 form can have many custom fields on it), it does not have a custom field id.

A form is attached to one or more request forms. If you want to use a form for separate components, that seems to suggest they are pretty much different types of requests. So you could consider creating separate request types for requests that are essentially different things.

Another option could be to include the conditional logic into your form itself. ProForma lets you build forms with sections that can be displayed or hidden based on the selection made in fields on your form. So, essentially, if you could incorporate your component selection in your form, you could show or hide sections of the form accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Shah Baloch June 13, 2022

Hi @Walter Buggenhout thank you for your response.

A separate request type won't work for us. We have request type "Product" and for that, we have components "Order, Refund, Inquiry, Replacement, etc". We want to have a form for a refund. We can't have separate request types for refunds which can cause a lot of confusion for users since we have been using the same request type and components for years.

The second option would be ideal for us. However, I'm not sure how it works. We want to hide the form all the time but when a user selects the component "Refund" then the form should become visible. Is that possible? How can add conditions in ProForma? I just found the transition conditions in the setting. Do you have an idea how can I set it up?

Thank you for your help.

Shah Baloch June 13, 2022

@Walter Buggenhout I created a field in the ProForma form and linked it with Component. Now I can see all components in that field. With help of that, I can be able to show or hide the rest of the form, however, there are two issues I'm having, first, the form is all way at the bottom, like below the description field.

The second problem is, that it is showing all the components of the JSM. I have a script that can show only Product related components in the "Product" request type and it won't display these components to another request type. But script won't work with form and form is displaying all components. Any idea how can fix these issues? Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events