Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the series Time to Resolution (avg) calculated?

Chris Conde April 15, 2021

Hi I'm using Jira Service Desk 4.13 on prem.

I am new to this group and I'm digging into some reports I'm inheriting. I see a report called "Service Desk Time to Resolution". I see that it's using a canned series called Time to Resolution (avg) and the filter is looking at the Service Desk Project and only the Service Desk people. This all makes sense to me.

What doesn't make sense is when I drill down in the report to a screen that shows each individual tickets and the "Elapsed" time of each ticket. Which I'm assuming is the time data that this series is calculating the average from. However the elapsed time is not correct.

For example. I'm looking at a ticket today that was created at 12:00 pm and was resolved at 1pm. The Elapsed time is showing 29 minutes but clearly it was 60 minutes. What are I missing?

Chris

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2021

Hi @Chris Conde ,

You can calculate it by coding which parses issue history rest api json for each issue. Or you can search for marketplace apps which does the same for you.

Our team developed Status Time app for this exact need. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status as well as status entry dates and status transition count.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports(eg. average in progress time per project). And all these are available as gadgets on the dashboard too.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free. Hope it helps.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

@Chris CondeWelcome to community. 

The time to resolution report utilizes the time to resolution SLA.  Have you looked at the SLA to see how it is configured.  It may pause or start at a different time depending on how it is configured.  For that issue look at the SLA and then the history of the issue to see what happened.

Chris Conde April 16, 2021

Thanks I have confirmed that what you said is the case. I did the calculations on several tickets and it checks out.

My follow up question: is there a way for me to calculate the average raw age of tickets NOT taking into account stoppage time. So time created and time closed. I see a field called elapsed time but that takes into account stoppage time.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

@Chris Conde I do not know a delivered way to do that other than create an SLA that would track that.  

You could also use an app like JMCF to create a calculated field and return the information that way but I would just do a new SLA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events