Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How does the discovery-agent for Insight work

Edited

How does the agent based Discovery tool work for Insight. I have been looking into Discovery as a add on to my Insight project but want to know more about running it through a discovery-agent. I have looked around and found little documentation on the subject. I do not want to run a agentless cloud solution on my network and therefore I am exploring this option. 

Can someone shed some light on this option for Discovery?

1 answer

Hi Sólrún,

We have been using Discovery agent in our company, and it has been working fine. Unfortunately, it only works with Windows machines. However, we have been able to collect hardware and software data on a easy way.

After installed, the agent does local scans and eventually, Discovery server collects scan results. Those results can be imported into Jira-Insight, where it shows all the assets.

I don't know if you have already seen, but there's a brief documentation about the agent:

https://documentation.mindville.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=36929666

In case anybody stumbles across this post: Insight Discovery changed quite a bit.

Here is the link to the documentation: Discover objects in your environment with Assets Discovery | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

As of now, there are a few very unpleasant bugs in it. Make sure watching the bug list.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events