Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Jira Service Desk record billable customer change requests?

Chad Blichfeldt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2020

Our teams track time on issues and in the case of custom change requests entered in as tickets by our customers we bill time and materials. I have searched endlessly to find an example of how Service Desk records billable time on tickets and how to run a monthly report to capture all the billing. Does anyone have examples?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2020

Hello @Chad Blichfeldt

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand you would like to capture on your Jira tickets the cost required to achieve the customer requirements, also being able to add those values in a report that you can track the total billing of your customers. Is that correct?

You might be able to achieve your goal by using Jira Custom fields to collect the specific requirements and costs of the customers in the tickets, using your gadgets (Filter results, Issue statistics, Epic Sum-up, etc) to filter the cost (Custom field value) of multiple tickets related to a customer and display it in a customized report.

For billing time, Time tracking fields can be used to get the total amount of time spent on each ticket, so you can sum it in the gadgets too.

Additionally, I suggest you try out the Tempo Timesheets: Time Tracking & Report. This app already has a whole set of reports to get your billable customers data, so it might provide you with more options to achieve your need in an easier way.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events