Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Jira Cloud annual licensing work if we use less than the maximum user count?

eirens January 28, 2021

I can't tell from Atlassian's resources on pricing.

Also, Atlassian hasn't responded to our multiple requests for info using this page:

https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact

2 answers

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

HI @eirens ,

JIRA annual licenses work on a tier bases. So you pay for the ability to have x amount of users but it doesn't matter if you use them all or not.

e.g. if you take a 100user tier but only use 5 licenses, you'll still be billed against the 100 tier.

Also your apps that you might install are billed against the highest tier in your environment.

eirens January 29, 2021

Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Thank you for adding the very important point about pricing for third-party apps being based upon my annual maximum user count!

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
0 votes
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi @eirens 

So if you choose cloud annual it will cost the same for 1 users as it would for 10 users

5 users annual = $700 / year

5 users monthly = $420 / year

10 users annual = $700 / year

10 users monthly = $840/ year

eirens January 29, 2021

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events