Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you format default texts in a paragraph field of a requester form?

Jillian Marabut April 7, 2021

I try to format the default texts in a paragraph field but it does not reflect properly in the form. 

For example, I format a text in bold when I set up the default text in the request form as an admin. But when I check the actual requester form the word would not appear to be formatted in bold but would just show as *bold* instead.

When I try to hyperlink a text, same thing happens. Instead of the word appearing as a clickable link, I would only get [hyperlink|https://www.google.com] in the customer form. 

Am I missing something? It's odd that you're given the option to format it from an admin/agent level when setting up the field but would not seem to be working when you're looking at it from the customer forms already. 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2021

Hello @Jillian Marabut,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The issue that you are facing was reported as a bug. The problem is that, on the customer portal, the description field is a simple text box. Customers can’t format the text when creating a ticket and when using formatted text as a default value for the field, it won’t reflect in the portal.

For more details about the bug, please check the link below:

There is also a feature request suggesting to add the same editor on the request form in the portal:

Please, click on “This affects my team” on the bug and on “Vote” on the feature request. Also, watch both tickets to receive future updates.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Jillian Marabut April 9, 2021

Thank you, @Angélica Luz ! I just upvoted. It's misleading that agents/admins are given the option to customize the default text of a paragraph field, but then the formatting becomes useless from the customer portal. 

Thanks again! Appreciate the help. 

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events