Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you edit existing group memberships tied to request types?

Tim Hailey January 23, 2020

I have a request type that has a group associated with it and I need to add additional users to the group but I can't find anywhere in JIRA or JIRA Service Desk to update the group tied to the Request Type. Please help.

1 answer

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Hello @Tim Hailey  you should have site admin permissions to manage groups within Jira. It should appear to you on the system tab from the administrator view. If you are using active directory as well then maybe it's something that needs to be done outside Jira

Tim Hailey January 28, 2020

The JSD portal does not appear to use jira groups at all and I checked the AD groups, as well, and I don't see any groups that match the groups in the 'request types' in the JSD portal. Does anyone know where these 'request type' groups are defined and can be modified?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020

Hi @Tim Hailey looks like I missunderstood your question. I was thinking on user groups.

The following link should allow you to answer your question

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/organize-request-types-into-groups/

Tim Hailey January 29, 2020

Thanks for the answer but this does not address editing group members in groups tied to request types.

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2020

Can you share what you see and intend to change then? Send some screenshots please

Tim Hailey January 30, 2020

When I login to the Project settings of a JIRA Service Desk project:

1. Select a request type that you want to modify

2. Edit the group membership by clicking on 'Edit Groups'

3. The Request Type group is displayed but there is no way to add or remove members from the request type group.

Where can I find the group in JIRA to modify the group membership? Edit group membership for request types.jpgEdit Request type groups.jpgJSD request types do not use Jira Groups.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2020

Hi @Tim Hailey  sorry for the delay, I've been too busy the last few days.

To manage request types on different groups you first need to add them

from the print screen I can see you have only one, click add group first to create multiple groups, and then click the edit groups as you did.

Edit Request type groups.jpg

Once you have more groups in place those that are checked are the ones in which the request type will show when selected. If you uncheck all of them, then those request types won't show in the portal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events