Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do the predefined 'Created' and 'Resolved' work in Jira?

Jason Selby February 8, 2021

There are predefined series of data in Jira Service Management called 'Created' and 'Resolved' with a number of filters. I have a list of assignees as a filter. How does the data work as we are seeing anomalies with the created and resolved data? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Created simply reflects issues created, e.g. project = abc will show all issues created for the ABC project. Resolved is defined by setting the Resolution field, e.g. project = abc and resolution is not empty will yield all issues in project ABC that has been closed w/ a Resolution set.

Hi Jack, thanks for your response. Hopefully you can help me i have created a custom report with e.g Service Requests created with a filter of 2 agents and Service Requests Resolved with said same 2 agents in filter. My understanding is that this data so tally if Service requests assigned to those two agents and closed by the same agents in a particular month?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Yes based upon some underlying assumptions. If you can reliably say that the assignee is the one that actually resolved the issue then that should work. In my world this is mostly true but I have seen, for example, where Fred is assigned an issue and resolved the issue but the assignee was changed at the end. This scenario would mean that Fred would not get credit for resolving the issue.

so for example on the 'Created' series (most tickets are created in unassigned) how does the system determine this figure? 

Basically, i am trying to get a report out of JSM that shows me the amount of tickets that have been worked on by a particular team in a calendar month. (I have created a Queue in JSm) and i am trying to get that queue to match the raw data...

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

That report could certainly be used. Personally I like the two dimensional gadget available on dashboard. I would create a filter like below...

project = abc and assignee in (Bob, Sally) and created date > startofmonth()

then set the y-axis to assignee and x-axis to status.

this will give you a table of #issue by status for each of the two assignees.

Now if you want a chart you can use the report in JSM that you are currently using or consider the Created vs. Resolved gadget in dashboards for that I would create a filter like this...

project = abc and assignee in (bob, Sally)

This gadget allows you to set the historical time frame , e.g. 30d, 60d, 90d. Note that the above will exclude any issues that have not been assigned. So let's say 100 issues were created since the start of the month to 'now' and 25 are assigned to Bob and 15 to Sally, 10 are currently unassigned and the balance are assigned to others. you will only see 40 issues created for the month. Likely obvious.

Jack,

That is absolute Genius.  What other reports like this are there available, how can i show the difference between Jan and Feb or March and April??

Thanks in advance....

Jason Selby February 9, 2021

@Jack Brickey  - The issue I am having here is that one of the team members left in January, but JSM wont allow me to do historical reporting as the account has been disabled. The figures are skewed, its becoming frustrating as my management want data and it doesnt match up

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events