Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove somebody from Service Desk?

Drew Angell June 5, 2020

I need to remove a user that is no longer with me from service desk.  When viewing their info, I see this:

image.png

Why are the options grayed out?  How do I remove him from Service Desk but leave him on Jira and Confluence for now?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Shpendi Rakipi June 5, 2020

remove.PNG

Hi @Drew Angell ,

On the right-top side of the User interface you can click the three dots and then Remove User. This will remove his account from Jira Service Desk.

The user does only have access on the Jira Service Desk portal, and you can enable or disable accordingly. 

I believe you might want to disable Has Access on Site and enable the other features. If you want his account to be permanently removed from the site do use Remove user. 

You might want to double check the Jira Service Desk menu under User Management.

Regards,

Shpendi

Drew Angell June 5, 2020

@Shpendi Rakipi 

Remove User removes him from everything, doesn't it?  I only want to disable him as a Service Desk user so he still has access to Jira and Confluence, but isn't using up one of my Service Desk seats (primarily for billing...I need to stay at 3 seats.)

I need to bump him so I can replace him with somebody else, but again, only from Service Desk.

If I disable "Has access on site" it just says he has no access.  It still doesn't give me individual access to the other toggles.

When I looking Jira Service Desk under User Management, that just shows me the customers, not the actual account users.

Ty Barragan August 15, 2022

Also trying to remove a user just from Service Management but all the options are greyed out. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events