Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I duplicate a workflow I have created to use in newly created projects?

How do I duplicate a workflow I have created to use in newly created projects, the workflow is the same?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras Community Leader Nov 09, 2021

Hi @Richard Fish and welcome to the community!

Go to cog > workflows and locate your workflow. Then simply click copy to copy it. This copied workflow will now become inactive and you should associate it with the issue type you want.

If you want however to use the same workflow on a new project with another (or the same issue type), you can do that as well:

• Go to the project > project settings.
  • Click workflows
  • Add Workflow > add existing
  • From the popup locate the workflow you want to use and click next
  • Choose the issue type to associate it with and then Finish 

My apologies, I do not see workflows option on project settings?

So if I create a template on the cog option not sure how to select it for the project?

Capture.JPG

Alex Koxaras Community Leader Nov 09, 2021

@Richard Fish it seems that you are working on a team managed project and not on a company managed project. On TMP you can't copy workflows since they only live within this project. This functionality exists, currently, only on CMP but Atlassian is working on a feature for TMP to be able to share workflows.  

Like Richard Fish likes this

Thank you 

Enter in Jira, on your keyboard press 2 times "g" search box will appear, type workflows -> search your desired workflow, click copy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

657 views 5 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you