Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I duplicate a workflow I have created to use in newly created projects?

Richard Fish November 9, 2021

How do I duplicate a workflow I have created to use in newly created projects, the workflow is the same?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

Hi @Richard Fish and welcome to the community!

Go to cog > workflows and locate your workflow. Then simply click copy to copy it. This copied workflow will now become inactive and you should associate it with the issue type you want.

If you want however to use the same workflow on a new project with another (or the same issue type), you can do that as well:

• Go to the project > project settings.
  • Click workflows
  • Add Workflow > add existing
  • From the popup locate the workflow you want to use and click next
  • Choose the issue type to associate it with and then Finish 

My apologies, I do not see workflows option on project settings?

So if I create a template on the cog option not sure how to select it for the project?

Capture.JPG

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021

@Richard Fish it seems that you are working on a team managed project and not on a company managed project. On TMP you can't copy workflows since they only live within this project. This functionality exists, currently, only on CMP but Atlassian is working on a feature for TMP to be able to share workflows.  

Like Richard Fish likes this
Ethan Shafer February 18, 2023

Hi there, has this feature been implemented yet?  Copying workflows from TMP to TMP?

Like TiDo likes this
3 votes
Albert Manuel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2021

Enter in Jira, on your keyboard press 2 times "g" search box will appear, type workflows -> search your desired workflow, click copy.

0 votes

Thank you 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events