Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete my account?

Jira Sucks April 5, 2021

I really want to delete my account, but it is way too difficult to do. Can you help me?

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

Hello,

As Nic mentioned, it depends on what type of account you're referring to. The steps he provided are the instructions to delete an Atlassian account. Refer directly to the documentation here: Delete your Atlassian account.

If Nic's steps didn't help you, can you help us understand what you need to delete? 

Thank you,

Shannon

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

Which "account"?

If you mean your Atlassian account (such as the one you are using to talk to us here), then go to https://id.atlassian.com, log in with the account, click profile (your avatar/icon at the top right) and then "manage account", and then "account preferences" on the left.

You will land on a screen with a "delete account" button at the bottom, click that, and follow the rest of the instructions (may be as simple as a confirmation).

If that "does not work", could you give us the symptoms you see?  What action does that process fail on and what does it tell you is wrong?

If you mean an account that has access to your cloud systems, and not your Atlassian account, then you'll need to answer @Vero Rivas ' question and give us the sypmtoms of "doesn't work"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2021

I see you got as far as the profile so you could change your display name to something a bit childish, but did you have any luck following the rest of the process?  

Like Dario B likes this
0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Hi @Jira Sucks 

Read this post, maybe can help you

https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/delete-a-managed-account/

Cheers

Jira Sucks April 6, 2021

Doesn't work.

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2021

What is the problem?
give you an error?

Like Shannon S likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM Trial
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS