Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete more than 100 thousand issues from a specific year at once?

rksanchez April 28, 2023

I can only delete 50 issues at once and manually

3 answers

1 vote
Deniz Tımartaş April 28, 2023

Hi,

By default, Jira will let you "bulk change" up to 1000 issues if you are using "Advanced Issue Search" screen.

If you find this too much time consuming then I suggest you to create an automation like this:

forcommunity.png

You can create this as a global automation that will search for every issue or project-specific automation if you don't have a premium product. This will also let you systematically delete issues using a JQL like "createddate <= -2y" in the scheduled trigger.

It will probably run into throttled status a few times until all issues are deleted if you have 100k issues.

0 votes
Amelie Winkler _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2023

Hi @rksanchez – Amelie from the Appfire team here. As @Deniz Tımartaş mentioned, Jira natively only lets you bulk-change a smaller number of issues.

In your case, you could try Jira CLI. Jira CLI would allow you to get an issue list, use JQL to only select certain issues by year, and then delete all those issues.

Here's more information about the getIssueList action I mentioned above!

Let me know if you need help.

Cheers, Amelie

0 votes
Brian Trepto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

Hello @rksanchez

the best way to handle that amount of issues would be to either use a Script or make a database statement.

You could try installing Scriptrunner and deleting the issue by script execution.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

If you have any further questions feel free to ask them! 😊

Kind regards

Brian Trepto

Atlassian Consultant

STAGIL GmbH - Platinum Solution Partner 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events