Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a filter for email addresses using wildcards

Steve Dexter May 26, 2020

Hi

I want to create a filter in Jira Service Desk to show all tickets from customers using the @company123.com part of their email.

Unsuccessful options I have tried include:
Reporter ~ @company123.com
Reporter = *@company123.com

Anyone know how I create such a filter?

Cheers
Steve

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2020

Hi Steve, welcome to the Community. The “~” operator does not work for reporter. It is intended for text fields. Do you use Organizations feature where all customers in an org are in same domain?

Steve Dexter May 28, 2020

Hi Jack,

Yes we do use it but it we have to add each individual email address from the same domain to an organisation to get it to automatically tag the ticket next time as from that organisation.

It would be a lot better if we could just add the domain part (eg @company123.com) and get all emails from that domain added to the organisation.

Any ideas?

Ben Wilbers January 11, 2022

Any update? How do i add hundreds of customers to an organization?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2022

Nothing has changed from my previous answer as far as filtering by domain.

How did you solve your issue in the mean time?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

Ben,

if your goal is precisely the same as Steve's, I,e, you want to find all issues reported by a domain then consider exporting all issues in a project to Excel. If you are using Organizations and they equate to customer domains then you could use the following 

project = abc and Organizations = "xxx customer"

I'd like to add current and future *@specificdomain.com customers to a specific organisation. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

So that is a completely different question and deserving of a different post. there are actually a number of posts in the Community discussing this too. With that said, consider using Automation to add new customers (first time emailers) to an organization -set-organization-in-jira-service-desk-using-reporters-email-domain 

Thanks for your quick help Jack! That's a solution for 'new' customers as far as I could judge. I was looking for specific existing users as we have been using JSD for some time. I'm going to see if I can solve it with generated e-mailaddress list from our mail server. For new customers I will see if I can arrange it using automation following the provided URL. Thanks!

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events