Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the sender name on email notifications?

wogan-amberstone May 11, 2020

I'm using Service Desk with a next-gen project, and the default sender email address (jira@domain.atlassian.net). The sender name in outbound emails is showing as "External service desk":

Untitled.png

How do I change the sender name (red box)? It looks like JIRA is using the name of the project itself, but none of the options I can find in the UI will let me change it.

I don't need to change the outbound email address, and I don't need the emails to contain the name of the agent. I just want all From: names to be "Customer Support" or similar.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2020

Hello Wogan,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On a Service Desk project, the name of the sender of some notifications will be the name of the project. This name is the one visible on the customer portal and not the name of the project you see internally.

To change this, go to Project settings > Portal settings (classic) or Project settings > Channels > Customer portal (next-gen) and change the name. 

Once you change, this will also be the name of the project when the customers access the customer portal.

Regarding other types of notifications, for example, when an agent adds a comment to the customer, the notification will show the agent's name and this is not possible to change. There is a feature request suggesting this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates.

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

wogan-amberstone May 13, 2020

This solved the problem, thank you!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
2 votes
Dominik Březina February 24, 2022

Angélica's solution is great however for anyone else solving this issue I want point out one special case.

If you have multi-language service desk you need to update Portal name for every supported language.

Project settings -> Language support -> Choose language from list -> Portal content

I hope this extension will help any unfortunate soul like me :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events