How do I broadcast an annoucement to my Service Desk Customers

Hector Rodriguez January 26, 2020

Is there a way to auto email my announcements to my customer from the service desk portal? 

I want to be able to broadcast a general event announcement on email, so it resides as evidence of communication sent. 

2 answers

3 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2020

Hi @Hector Rodriguez 

Welcome to the Community!

There is no broadcast mail feature in servicedesk yet as of this moment and the suggestion ticket has been raised here:

I encourage you to vote on the feature request ticket to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed of progress going forward. 

There is a workaround for this which you can learn more here:

As for announcements, It's super simple to create a service desk announcement on the fly:

1. Go to  > Applications > JIRA Service Desk Configuration.
  2. Complete the Announcement subject and message. Changes made here apply to all service desk project portals and the global help center.

You can display a different announcement for each of your service desk projects:

1. In the project view for a specific service desk project, click Project administration > Portal settings.
  2. On the Portal settings page, complete the Subject and Message fields in the Announcement section. The message is displayed on the customer portal for the selected service desk project.

Please let us know if this is what you are looking for 

Have a nice day. 

Regards,

Adrian Stephen

0 votes
Pronto Software January 18, 2021

Hi @Hector Rodriguez and  Adrian

This thread came up as I searched for global announcement capability for all customer Service Desk portals. I want to raise a banner on all 300 customer portals for a planned server outage. The most recent release documentation does not include this statement: “Changes made here apply to all service desk project portals…”

We can add an announcement to the customer logon screen, but it is not possible to create an announcement that will appear on all customer portals.

The option to set up an announcement on individual project portals is there… but who's going to spend time doing that, it will take a week and my server restart happens in a couple of days (then you need to manually remove the announcement).

Here is the latest documentation with current release options for announcements.

Atlassian Server Doco->Adding announcements

Global portal announcements would work if you're on an older server version, not sure when this feature changed.

Cheers,

PeteQ

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events