Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I alter article descriptions in Jira Service Desk Knowledge Base?

Emily Martens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 8, 2020

I have set up Jira Service Desk to include a knowledge base of articles that I have stored in confluence, but I have noticed many of the descriptions/text previews that are automatically shown beneath the article title do not make sense as they contain HTML formatting from the article itself.  

Is there a way to alter the text shown beneath the title on Jira Service Desk? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2020

Hello Emily,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Reading the details you provided, I believe you are talking about the text that shows under the article title in the customer portal, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 13.24.38.png

If that's the case, it's not possible to add a custom description for the articles in Jira. On the customer portal, it will show the first lines of the article based on what was added in Confluence. 

With that said, my suggestion would be to edit the articles and add one or two lines as a description there, so it will also show in the customer portal.

Regards,
Angélica

Thomas Gavin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2024

Hi @Angélica Luz 

On the customer portal, it will show the first lines of the article based on what was added in Confluence. 

I am afraid this is no longer the case. Now some random lines are picked instead of the first ones. Is this a bug or AI by design?

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

@Emily Martens can you please check the below link may be this will fix your issue.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/work-with-search-results/

Emily Martens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 9, 2020

Hi Fahad, 

I read through that twice, it doesn't seem to address this issue.  Is there a specific section you are referring to? 

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2020

@Emily Martens can you please clarify more what exactly you are looking for? if possible send the screen shot to have more understanding.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events