Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add an Organizaion Category in Jira Service Desk?

ben.jones September 2, 2020

When a Service Desk ticket is created, I want to have the ability to add new customer's / clients and add our own organisation for internal work but I cannot seem to be able to do this. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2020

Perhaps it's my lack of coffee but could you elaborate a little on your question? :)

If you have a Service Desk project (JSD) you can add Customers to that project and move them in to organizations (if needed) to split up the visibility and share-ability (if that's a word) depending on your project settings.

Are you trying to do this or something specific on a ticket? (there you have the Organizations field)

If you can elaborate a bit perhaps I can try and answer more correct/to the point :)

ben.jones September 2, 2020

Yes, sorry, so I have added the customer's in the customer's section of the project but where we have Organization category and issue category down on the right hand side to add more information, we have two customers which were created when we created the Service Desk project but we now want to add more options to this Organization category field and the Organization Issue Categories.

Hope this makes sense :) 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2020

I'm afraid not a whole lot more :) but we'll keep on trying!

Could you maybe take a screenshot of the page you see and what field exactly you are trying to add more information in? Feel free to blank any confidential information.

I'm starting to wonder if you are using some custom fields because the field names don't ring a bell..

You added the customers under the project: so far so good.

but then the 2 fields you mention are they on an existing ticket?

A screenshot will hopefully be worth a 1000 words ;-)

ben.jones September 3, 2020

I've actually managed to work out how to resolve the issue myself, the issue was editing and adding custom fields so your thoughts were correct. Thanks Dirk :) 

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events