How can you offer downloads to customers via the portal?

Virtamove IT November 23, 2020

We currently offer software downloads to customers via our helpdesk (Easy Redmine). Customer logs in, finds link in the helpdesk and downloads software release. We can track who downloads it and it's protected from link sharing because it requires customer login.

We're migrated to Jira Service Desk. How can I duplicate this via Jira service Desk / Management and or Confluence? We use the server version of the software. I'm surprised that this doesn't exist right out of the box. I haven't seen an add-on that would offer this sort of functionality.

Many thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sanjay Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020

Hi Sean,

Thanks so much for your question.

Jira Service Management does not offer a file hosting facility, nor do we track user activity / link clicks.

One option is to add the download link into the Portal Settings as an announcement or introduction text, could you try to do that by following the instructions at the following page? https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/adding-announcements-939926482.html

Thank you,

Sanjay.
Jira Service Management

ps. if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

Virtamove IT December 22, 2020

Thanks.

Ultimately, that's what we did and hosted the files in Confluence for any logged in user in our portal.

We also were able to serve up files on a customer by customer basis by attaching them to a ticket in a project that that customer was a member of and sharing those links in that customer's portal. So we solved both issues: Downloads for anyone logged in our portal AND specific downloads that are only to be downloadable and viewable by a specific customer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events