Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we set the "reply to customer" to a specific email?

Matthew Mazzuca September 30, 2020

We currently have an inbound email communication setup (to create new service tickets with incoming emails). Everything works great when a customer emails directly, but when a member of our team forwards to the inbound support email, the reporter is set to the member of our team.

We would like to give the ability for service desk agents to set the customer (i.e. reporter) to a custom email address who is not a customer in JSD; and have the "reply to customer" feature send a notification to the newly entered email.

We've made sure all of the permissions required are correct, but are currently unable to set the "reply to" email in any way. We have tried

• Changing the "Reporter" field to the customers email
  • Some third party app integrations (i.e. zapier)

None have been successful

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Hi @Matthew Mazzuca ,

Did you try to create a customer in the customer tab with the new email address and then change the reporter to this new customer?

That should work and is probably the most clean solution. 

Matthew Mazzuca September 30, 2020

Thanks @Bastian Stehmann , is there a way to create the customer directly from the ticket? Or does this have to be done in multiple steps as you suggested?

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

As far as I know, you have to do that in two steps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events