Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we add/edit the channel list for service desk request types?

ABlakes June 18, 2018

Service Desk Request - Channel Type?

within the ticket once it's a assigned to a technician, there is an option for channel type which refers to the way the ticket was generated (email, portal, or phone). How can we add or edit this list?

jirachannel.png

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2018

there are only three possibilities: email, portal, application (Jira). they are not editable AFAIK. What other channels were you thinking of?

ABlakes June 18, 2018

walk-ups and phone

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2018

but walk-ups and phone are methods of entering tickets into the system. With that said I see where you may wish to capture that data. I assume the agent would be the one to open on the behalf of the reporter. So....

You could consider adding a custom field to meet your needs. If the agent opens they would be required to enter the source. The should also input the Requestor as well since the agent will be the Creator. That source could be: Phone, Walk-up. Further you could, if desired incorporate the other three channels into the field (i think) by using automation to copy the channel field into the custom field. This would allow you to filter on the custom field and report on it, e.g. a pie chart.

Like Vedavathi D likes this
ABlakes June 18, 2018

Thanks, I definitely see where you are going with creating a custom field to include what I need and then making reports off the custom field. I just was thinking if there was a way to add to the CHANNEL field; but if not then a custom field I can create.

Joshua Sung October 1, 2018

I've imported tickets via a JSON and now they have "Unknown", how do I change these to email, etc.?

This seems to bugger up users looking for their users under "created by me" in the jira portal

Like # people like this
Serge_tkint April 17, 2019

indeed, when Channel is "empty" tickets are stuck, it seems

Andrea Aznar October 4, 2019

Hello, 

We have a ticket with the channel as "unknown" and we cannto resolve this ticket. Can you please advise? 

Italo Qualisoni February 27, 2020

In JIRA Server you need to set the issue property request.channel.type in order to change the channel , you can use Automation for jira as below:

In case you want to see JIRA => {"value":"jira"}

In case you want to see Portal => {"value":"portal"}

In case you want to see Email=> {"value":"email"}

I don`t think JIRA supports other options than theses three above

Capture.PNG

Like # people like this
haventName July 30, 2020

Its work! Thanks a lot! 

Cristina Baciu March 9, 2021

HI there,

I have a similar issue when, while importing data via csv, the channel is set to "unknown".

How can i update the channel for all "unknown" values?

How can i make sure that the channel has value "jira" for imported requests? for the tickets created via Portal the channel is properly set to "portal".

Many thanks

Cristina

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2021

Use the automation rule @Italo Qualisoni created, but instead of the above schedule, use a schedule with a JQL in it: 

request-channel-type = unknown

image.png

You can also choose to run it every 5 minutes or so (then you don't have to wait that long), but just make sure to stop the rule once they have been set to the correct value. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events