• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can we add/edit the channel list for service desk request types?

Service Desk Request - Channel Type?

within the ticket once it's a assigned to a technician, there is an option for channel type which refers to the way the ticket was generated (email, portal, or phone). How can we add or edit this list?

jirachannel.png

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Community Leader Jun 18, 2018

there are only three possibilities: email, portal, application (Jira). they are not editable AFAIK. What other channels were you thinking of?

walk-ups and phone

Jack Community Leader Jun 18, 2018

but walk-ups and phone are methods of entering tickets into the system. With that said I see where you may wish to capture that data. I assume the agent would be the one to open on the behalf of the reporter. So....

You could consider adding a custom field to meet your needs. If the agent opens they would be required to enter the source. The should also input the Requestor as well since the agent will be the Creator. That source could be: Phone, Walk-up. Further you could, if desired incorporate the other three channels into the field (i think) by using automation to copy the channel field into the custom field. This would allow you to filter on the custom field and report on it, e.g. a pie chart.

Like Vedavathi D likes this

Thanks, I definitely see where you are going with creating a custom field to include what I need and then making reports off the custom field. I just was thinking if there was a way to add to the CHANNEL field; but if not then a custom field I can create.

I've imported tickets via a JSON and now they have "Unknown", how do I change these to email, etc.?

This seems to bugger up users looking for their users under "created by me" in the jira portal

Like # people like this

indeed, when Channel is "empty" tickets are stuck, it seems

Hello, 

We have a ticket with the channel as "unknown" and we cannto resolve this ticket. Can you please advise? 

In JIRA Server you need to set the issue property request.channel.type in order to change the channel , you can use Automation for jira as below:

In case you want to see JIRA => {"value":"jira"}

In case you want to see Portal => {"value":"portal"}

In case you want to see Email=> {"value":"email"}

I don`t think JIRA supports other options than theses three above

Capture.PNG

Like # people like this

Its work! Thanks a lot! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

157 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you