Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can the SLA change once a priority either gets upgraded or downgraded with a different SLA?

Carlos Osorio August 12, 2020

Is there a way to set for an SLA to change once a priority of an issue is changed to a different priority with different SLA, but without resetting the previous counter?

For example case was raised as a P1 with 4 hours resolution time, but it got downgraded to P3 with 24 hours resolution time. I want the SLA to change, but without completely resetting the previous time but at the same time, it doesn't carry over the previous timer as well. 

4 answers

2 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2020

Based on the comment made here, I believe there are two possible configurations.

• SLA Pause: Define different SLAs for each priority and pause the SLA when the ticket's priority is changed. For instance, P1 SLA will pause when the priority is not P1. This set up looks flimsy since when the priority is changed the service level agreement changes so there is no need to keep data of the previous SLA.
  • SLA Reset: This is not available out-of -the box but you can use Time to SLA . You can define different SLAs for each priority and set the priority as a Reset condition so that when the priority changes, previous SLA invalidates and the new SLA starts counting according to the new priority of the ticket.

priority reset.pngLet me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

cosorio August 17, 2020

@Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} Thanks! Will give this app a try. 

2 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2020

Hi @Carlos Osorio ,

I'm lost at this part: "... I want the SLA to change, but without completely resetting the previous time but at the same time, it doesn't carry over the previous timer as well. "

Iterating over your example, as soon as the P3-SLA kicks in, the issue will be out of the P1 SLA's scope, so no data will be present. The tricky part is to preserve the SLA data from the previous P1- SLA. Is this a hard requirement?

Kevin August 13, 2020

I guess the idea is to have 4 SLA timers P1-4 ,then start and pause the corresponding ones to the priority level present. By pausing you should not loose the SLA time already used in that SLA. Just the implementation seems very difficult and clunky at best.

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

Hello Carlos,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It's possible to add different SLAs for each priority and once it's changed, the SLA won't be reset.

Actually, it's not possible to reset an SLA. There is a feature suggesting this:

I created this SLA as an example:

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 15.00.32.png

When changing the priority, just refresh the page to see the changes.

Screen Recording 2020-08-13 at 03.03.24 PM.gif

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

cosorio August 17, 2020

Thanks! Unfortunately, this will not preserve the old SLA time from previous priority though :( 

0 votes
Kevin August 13, 2020

I'm not sure this is possible at all. You can set a automation trigger if a issue changed priority but you cannot define if its up- or downgrade and there seems not to be a action for SLA changes in automation.

You could maybe create P1-P4 Status and link them with the SLAs but thats not a very elegant solution and it does not influence the real prioritylevel of a issue.

cosorio August 17, 2020

Thanks Kevin! I think this is a good option though you're right, it doesn't look very elegant specially when creating the workflow for it. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events