Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i set up a CAB to aprove changes?

Francisco Alonzo April 12, 2021

Hello, i'm pretty new to ITIL and Jira Service Management, tried to follow this article about setting up approvers Designate your approvers | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support, how ever when i try to add the CAB field, it happens that there's no CAB field, so i was wondering what should i do to make that field appear or how can i set up a CAB for the change management workflow.

1 answer

0 votes
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

Hi @Francisco Alonzo 

That is odd. You should have a field called CAB in custom fields.

Can you check this again by going to Admin > Issues > Custom Fields page.

If it isn’t there can you confirm what version of Jira you are on?

Thanks.

Francisco Alonzo April 15, 2021

I tried what u said but there's no such CAB field in Custom Fields, I'm not sure as I said well I'm new to Jira, but I'm using the Jira Software (Cloud) on the free plan

Francisco Alonzo April 15, 2021

Btw, sorry, Hi @Ismael Jimoh thanks for the help in advance

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2021

Hi @Francisco Alonzo 

I am also on free plan subscription for both JIRA Service Management and Software, you can confirm this by going to the Billings > Manage Subscription page.

When I then go to Admin > Issues > Custom Field page, I see the CAB field present. See below:

23D762A7-C6EF-45E3-BAC5-C5A51AA2FE1D.jpeg

I suppose this is tied to JIRA Service Management.

Confirm again and let us know if this problem persists.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2021

@Francisco Alonzo ,

CAB is indeed linked to JSM Change Management. No such a thing is available in JSW.

Mainly because the Change request would originate from a JSM project and the execution could be in JSW.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events