Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i create JSM issue using customize email template?

arti_b_patil March 28, 2024

Hello, 

i am looking for a way to create a issue via email channel. My primary requirement is to received a email of prefilled details in a template format. Map that template with JSM fields to create issue.
Is there any way we can achieve it?

Thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hi @arti_b_patil , yes you can achieve this depending on your exact scenario.
There could be difficulties depending on your email format. You would set up an automation rule that would trigger on a new issue being created with a condition of the issue being created via email. Then you would extract details from the body of the description that could then be mapped to your fields. You would use smartvalues to extract the data.

For example let's say one the fields is a URL that looks like this in the email body - URL: www.mysite.com, . Then I believe your smartvalue would look like this -  {{issue.description.substringBetween("*XXXXXX: ","")}}. Does this make sense? I recommend you read more on smartvalues here - smart-values-in-jira-automation 

arti_b_patil April 10, 2024

Thank you for your response.
Yes, we looking forward to use custom fields in Automation in order to set up, however issue being created via email condition is nor present in JSM at this moment.
Until this functionality is not in operation, mapping of email body to custom feild will not be possible for us.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

Hi @arti_b_patil , I don't understand why creation of issue by email is not present. Has the admin not set this up yet? If not is there a reason?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events