Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can customers (ie sales, CS, etc) see what's happening to their ticket in the support portal?

Sam Cusano August 31, 2020

How can I make sure the JIRA service desk ticket status remain visible in the support portal when I move it around JIRA help desk and updates the reporter with its progress?

Currently, when a person submits a ticket from the support portal, it appears in the help desk. When I move it from project to boards, the ticket disappears from the support portal. I need the submitter to get visibility to what's happening with the ticket in the support portal.

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2020

Hello @Sam Cusano,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When using Jira Service Desk, tickets are visible in the customer portal when the Request type is set. 

If the Request type is empty, customers won't be able to see the ticket and won't receive notifications.

I understood that the ticket is created in Service Desk, but then it's moved to a Jira Software project, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If that's the case, customers can't see the tickets because the Request type is specific for Service Desk.

The best option, in this case, would be to create an automation to clone the ticket created in Service Desk to Software. Also, it's possible to create an automation to copy comments, for example, so when the developer comments on a ticket, it would update the ticket in Service Desk.

For example:

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 17.23.26.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 17.24.40.png

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 31, 2020

Hi @Sam Cusano 

Have you check history tab? 

Also, you can try Issue History to monitor all changes were made with each issue or ticket automatically. Also you can view who made them. 

Regards

Sam Cusano August 31, 2020

Hi, Zoryana, thank you for your response. I have seen it. I'm looking to see if the status of the service desk ticket in the support portal can change as it moves along the helpdesk boards.

Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 31, 2020

@Sam Cusano Each board can have different statuses, so it possible.

This app also lets you see statuses changing. 

2020-08-31_22-58-58.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events